Here’s a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about online vaccine registration in Surat. The government has set up an online web portal Co-WIN. It’s a self-registration application. Here, you can register online for the COVID-19 vaccination.
I have written a separate blog post on this topic. Read How to do COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Online in Surat?
Right now the Co-WIN app is the only portal available for online vaccine registration. In short, a country like India with more than 130 crore population has just 1 single app.
Not even once the government officials thought about what will happen even if 1/10th of India’s population browse this app at the same time. Did they think about it?
Finding the nearest vaccine centre is the biggest FAQ right now. In this situation, a common Indian citizen will have a ton of questions in mind. Let’s see what these questions are with answers.
Frequently Asked Questions about Covid-19 Online Vaccine Registration in Surat
For better understanding, I have divided the questionnaire into segments. Continue reading.
Vaccine Registration Online
1. Where should I do online vaccine registration in surat?
The entire process is online. You will have to register at the Co-WIN portal for vaccination. Follow this link: https://www.cowin.gov.in/home
2. Where can I get the vaccine from?
You can get vaccines from government & private health facilities known as COVID Vaccination Centres (CVCs).
3. Is pre-registration or an online appointment for vaccination necessary?
Online registration & appointments are mandatory. Without scheduling an appointment you won’t be able to take the vaccine. For registration, you will have to give your basic details & photo identification proof.
4. How many people can do online vaccine registration in surat?
Using just one mobile number 4 people can register for the vaccine. However, each person will have to give their basic details & photo identification proof.
5. Where can I find available slots for vaccination?
Through the portal, you can find out the list of available CVCs, dates and time of available vaccination slots. A confirmation slip/token will be generated after registration. You will also get a confirmatory SMS later on your mobile number.
6. What if I don’t know how to register online for the vaccine?
In that case, you can contact your local government health workers. They will help you with registration, appointment, verification and vaccination on the same day. Kindly visit your nearest government health care centre.
Ask them about the nearest Government CVC where COVID vaccination will be available. Carry your mobile phone & photo identification proof for vaccination.
The officials at the Government CVCs will help you with registration on the spot, get an appointment & get vaccinated on the same day.
7. Can I get the COVID-19 vaccine without registration?
No, registration is mandatory for vaccination for COVID-19.
8. What documents I need for online vaccine registration in Surat?
You need a Government approved/authorised photo ID. Here’s a list of photo ID proofs you can submit at the time of registration:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Job Card
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
- PAN Card
- Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office
- Pension Document
- Service Identity Card issued to employees by Central/ State Govt./ Public Limited Companies
- Voter ID
9. Do I need to carry a Photo ID proof at the vaccination centre?
Yes, you will have to carry the same photo ID at the vaccination centre used for registration. For example, if you have registered using a PAN card then take your PAN card at the time of vaccination.
10. If I don’t produce the photo ID will I still be vaccinated or not?
A photo ID is a must for both registration and verification. This way the vaccination centre ensures that you are the beneficiary to take the vaccine.
11. How do I prove that I am vaccinated?
A provisional certificate is issued after the first dose. After the second dose, a link will be generated to download the digital certificate of vaccination. This way a beneficiary is certified that he/she is vaccinated.
About the Vaccine
1. Which COVID-19 vaccines are licensed in India?
Currently, 2 vaccines are licensed in India.
1. Covishield® by AstraZeneca, manufactured by the Serum Institute of India.
2. Covaxin® manufactured by Bharat Biotech Limited
2. Can I choose between Covishield & Covaxin?
Currently, the option of choice of vaccine is not available. The vaccines are supplied to various parts of India as per availability. The demand is huge right now hence there’s no option available to the beneficiary of selection.
3. Is it compulsory to take the vaccine?
Vaccinating yourself & your family members will help limit the spread of this disease. However, it is advisable to receive the complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
4. Are Indian vaccines effective?
Yes, Indian vaccines are effective. Our scientists and research team has put in a lot of hard work to develop these vaccines in a short time. Developing a vaccine take years and different stages of clinical trials. Looking at the severity of the virus the development was fast track without compromising any protocols.
5. Are Indian vaccines safe?
Absolutely, Indian vaccines are safe & reliable. Every day thousands of people take these vaccines throughout India. Do not pay attention to rumours. Safeguard yourself & your family members by getting vaccinated.
6. What are the side effects of the vaccine?
Mild fever, headache & body aches are the symptoms you may develop after taking the vaccine. They are mild and may go away in a day or two.
It depends on the immunity of your body what type of symptoms you develop. Visit your nearest government health centre for medicine if they become severe.